Search skills, education, industry and more...

Search Candidate Skills and more...

Enter city, state or zip

donna sweesy

donna sweesy
diversity bee
management, human resource

-- BUSINESS MANAGER | HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST | EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR -- -- GENERAL MANAGER | REGIONAL MANAGER-- QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE Highly motivated, knowledgeable, and quality-focused professional offering extensive years of cross-industry experience across business management with strong track record of managing cross-functional teams that collaborate as a focused unit to achieve business goals. Exhibited strong focus on achieving revenue and market share growth, along with extensive background in negotiating and managing vendor and service contracts. Exceptional capacity in analyzing business processes, systems, and procedures to identify problematic areas, institute tangible improvements, mitigate risk, and uphold compliance with industry and internal guidelines. Proven efficiency in completing multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner. Accustomed to relating well with individuals at all levels and with diverse cultures and backgrounds within a highly stressful and challenging environment. Expert in development and implementation of project improvement that affect accomplishment. Articulate communicator with fluency in English language and working knowledge in Spanish. Display proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook). CORE STRENGTHS * Strategic and Tactical Planning * Business Development * Sales and Marketing * Operations Management * Project Management * General Accounting * Customer Relation Management * Decision Support System * Technology Development * Key Partnership Development * Organizational Development * Decision and Risk Analysis CAREER OVERVIEW * Oversaw the overall aspects of daily operations, including budget-control, inventory, purchasing, scheduling maintenance, and accounting. * Established retail advertising and promotions, while maintaining within budgetary guidelines. * Instructed classes of 25 students and provided classroom theory and practical training. * Successfully maintained more than 90% of attendance continuously throughout the 2004 tenure. * Provided expert support for the students in developing marketing strategy to gain and retain clientele. * Assumed full responsibility in managing the budget, ordering, and inventory control of the department. * Performed various technical functions, such as posting daily grades and finals at the end of a 6-week curriculum utilizing Microsoft Publisher, Excel, and Word. * Educated more than 25 students with classroom theory through practical training and assist student throughout the learning process. * Administered classroom management; performed attendance checking to ensure above satisfactory numbers in attendance; ordered curriculum supplies under budget constraints; and arranged classroom supplies * Coordinated with speakers to present talk to students on what to expect in the industry. * Performed and coordinated human resource issues associated with hiring and scheduling employees, and administering bi-weekly payroll. * Provided exceptional customer service through telephone and in person. * Remarkably boosted sales by 445% in a couple of years of tenure. * Commended for earning more than eight-time Teacher of the Month in the last couple years and one-time Teacher of the Year. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE EMPIRE BEAUTY SCHOOL (EMPIRE EDUCATION GROUP) * HANOVER, PA Educator (Vocational and Night Students) 2003-2011 THE CLOTHES BASKET LAUNDRY * GETTYSBURG, PA Owner/Managing Director * Active 1985-2003 * GENERAL MANAGER 2003-PRESENT 1985-Present CREDENTIALS Teacher of Cosmetology License HEADHUNTERS BEAUTY ACADEMY * HARRISBURG, PA Completed the Vocational I Certification MAIN CAMPUS STATE COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA Vocational II Certification (52 credits completed over 63) (Relevant Coursework: College Algebra, Economics, American Education, Speech, and English) Vocation I Certificate Certificate of

You are viewing a brief candidate description. Full candidate profile information is available recruiters with active job postings on Diversity.com.

« Click Here to Sign in or Register »

Featured Diversity Employers
  • University of Virginia

University of Virginia

Welcome to Charlottesville, Virginia, home of the University of Virginia, one of the nation's first public universities. Charlottesville was rated by Money Magazine as the best place to live in the United States. ...

City: Charlottesville

State: Virginia

« Read More »
  • University of Massachusetts Amherst

University of Massachusetts Amherst

Something To Be Proud Of.For more than 140 years, the University of Massachusetts has provided high quality educational opportunities for Massachusetts residents and for students and faculty from all over the world. U ...

City: Amherst

State: Massachusetts

« Read More »
  • Stantec Inc

Stantec Inc

The Stantec community unites more than 13,000 specialists working in over 200 locations. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to make buildings, infrastructure, and energy and resource projects happen. Our work—profe ...

City: Edmonton

State: Alberta

« Read More »
  • University of Northern Colorado

University of Northern Colorado

With our rich history, dedicated faculty, active students and Division I athletic teams, we’re large enough to provide true university opportunities and small enough to treat students as individuals – it’s a place wh ...

City: Greeley

State: Colorado

« Read More »
  • University of Iowa Health Care

University of Iowa Health Care

University of Iowa Health Care is a fully integrated academic medical center, uniting the UI Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, and UI Physicians, the largest multi-specialty gr ...

City: Iowa City

State: Iowa

« Read More »
  • UTC - United Technologies Research Center (UTRC)

UTC - United Technologies Research Center (UTRC)

United Technologies (UTC) is a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries. Our commercial businesses are Otis elevators and escalato ...

City: Farmington

State: Connecticut

« Read More »
  • Metropolitan Water District of Southern California

Metropolitan Water District of Southern California

The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of 26 cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in parts of Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino and ...

City: Los Angeles

State: California

« Read More »
  • UTC - United Technologies - Building & Industrial Systems

UTC - United Technologies - Building & Industrial Systems

United Technologies (UTC) is a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries. Our commercial businesses are Otis elevators and ...

City: Farmington

State: Connecticut

« Read More »
  • University of Connecticut

University of Connecticut

The University of Connecticut is one of the top public research universities in the nation, with more than 30,000 students pursuing answers to critical questions in labs, lecture halls, and the community. Knowledge exp ...

City: Storrs

State: CT

« Read More »
  • University of California - Berkeley

University of California - Berkeley

The University of California was chartered in 1868 and its flagship campus — envisioned as a "City of Learning" — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Today the world's premier public university ...

City: Berkeley

State: CA

« Read More »
  • University of California - Santa Cruz

University of California - Santa Cruz

The University of California, Santa Cruz, also known as UC Santa Cruz or UCSC, is a public, collegiate university; one of ten campuses in the University ...

City: Santa Cruz

State: California

« Read More »
  • Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta

Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta

At Children's, we know kids aren't simply tiny adults. They need specialized pediatric care. Our team makes sure your child is comfortable and happy while in our care. We're committed to making all kids better today and he ...

City: Atlanta

State: Georgia

« Read More »
Diversity Critical Hire Jobs
  • Sales Associate #3720

CONMED

Shape Your Future - CONMED is seeking a Sales Associate to join our winning team. This is an exceptional entry-level opportunity in the medical device industry, which will put you on the path to a six-figure income. ...

City: Raleigh

State: North Carolina

« Read More »
  • Sr Account Executive, State & Government Partnerships (Southeast)

Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA)

NWEA™ has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Account Executive within our State and Government Partnerships group. We are expanding our services and we're seeking talented K-12 educational sales professional ...

City: Portland

State: Oregon

« Read More »
  • Assistant Teaching Professor

University of California - San Diego

Assistant Teaching Professor - Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment in Cognitive Science   The Department of Cognitive Science ...

City: San Diego

State: California

« Read More »
  • Staff Accountant - Internal Accounting

Marks Paneth LLP

Marks Paneth LLP is a leading regional professional services firm with more than 650 people, including over 90 partners and principals, with revenues in excess of $120 million. We offer a wide range of accounting, auditing, tax, consu ...

City: Long Island

State: New York

« Read More »
  • Assistant Vice President/Director of Admission for Graduate Enrollment

Chatham University

Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA, has over 2,100 undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability; and the School of Arts, Science and Business. Chatham seeks to attract acade ...

City: Pittsburgh

State: PA

« Read More »
  • Senior Resource Specialist (Power)

The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of twenty six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provid ...

City: Los Angeles

State: Calfifornia

« Read More »
  • Assistant/Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy

Chatham University

Now fully coed, Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA, has over 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Health Sciences, the Falk School of Sustainability and Environment, and the School of Arts, Science and Business ...

City: Pittsburgh

State: PA

« Read More »
  • General Laborer #367

Reichhold LLC 2

Responsibilities of the General Laborer position include but are not limited to the following:   • Ability to work safely, be self-regulating with work assignments while requirin ...

City: Pensacola

State: Florida

« Read More »
  • District Sales Manager

CONMED

Shape Your Future -CONMED Orthopedics is seeking an ambitious District Sales Manager to lead our South Texas Region. Our expansive product offering includes MTF biologics, Linvatec sports medicine implants and instrumentatio ...

City: Houston

State: Texas

« Read More »
  • Forms Technician II

Santa Clara Valley Water District

Monthly Duties: Under general supervision, the Forms Technician II performs a variety of duties associated with the daily operations of the District's Word Processing/Forms Management area. The duties include providing forms manag ...

City: San Jose

State: Calfifornia

« Read More »
  • College Reading Specialist

The main responsibilities of the position include the teaching of college reading, developmental freshman seminar, and freshman composition to the at-risk populations. There will also be some opportunity to teach in another area of ac ...

City: Queensbury

State: New York

« Read More »
  • Estimator

RJM Construction

RJM Construction is a fast growing, high energy, commercial general contracting company located in Minneapolis. Voted as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” by Minnesota Business Magazine, we invest in our p ...

City: Minneapolis

State: Minnesota

« Read More »