Search skills, education, industry and more...

Search Candidate Skills and more...

Enter city, state or zip

donna sweesy

donna sweesy
diversity bee
management, human resource

-- BUSINESS MANAGER | HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST | EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR -- -- GENERAL MANAGER | REGIONAL MANAGER-- QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE Highly motivated, knowledgeable, and quality-focused professional offering extensive years of cross-industry experience across business management with strong track record of managing cross-functional teams that collaborate as a focused unit to achieve business goals. Exhibited strong focus on achieving revenue and market share growth, along with extensive background in negotiating and managing vendor and service contracts. Exceptional capacity in analyzing business processes, systems, and procedures to identify problematic areas, institute tangible improvements, mitigate risk, and uphold compliance with industry and internal guidelines. Proven efficiency in completing multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner. Accustomed to relating well with individuals at all levels and with diverse cultures and backgrounds within a highly stressful and challenging environment. Expert in development and implementation of project improvement that affect accomplishment. Articulate communicator with fluency in English language and working knowledge in Spanish. Display proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook). CORE STRENGTHS * Strategic and Tactical Planning * Business Development * Sales and Marketing * Operations Management * Project Management * General Accounting * Customer Relation Management * Decision Support System * Technology Development * Key Partnership Development * Organizational Development * Decision and Risk Analysis CAREER OVERVIEW * Oversaw the overall aspects of daily operations, including budget-control, inventory, purchasing, scheduling maintenance, and accounting. * Established retail advertising and promotions, while maintaining within budgetary guidelines. * Instructed classes of 25 students and provided classroom theory and practical training. * Successfully maintained more than 90% of attendance continuously throughout the 2004 tenure. * Provided expert support for the students in developing marketing strategy to gain and retain clientele. * Assumed full responsibility in managing the budget, ordering, and inventory control of the department. * Performed various technical functions, such as posting daily grades and finals at the end of a 6-week curriculum utilizing Microsoft Publisher, Excel, and Word. * Educated more than 25 students with classroom theory through practical training and assist student throughout the learning process. * Administered classroom management; performed attendance checking to ensure above satisfactory numbers in attendance; ordered curriculum supplies under budget constraints; and arranged classroom supplies * Coordinated with speakers to present talk to students on what to expect in the industry. * Performed and coordinated human resource issues associated with hiring and scheduling employees, and administering bi-weekly payroll. * Provided exceptional customer service through telephone and in person. * Remarkably boosted sales by 445% in a couple of years of tenure. * Commended for earning more than eight-time Teacher of the Month in the last couple years and one-time Teacher of the Year. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE EMPIRE BEAUTY SCHOOL (EMPIRE EDUCATION GROUP) * HANOVER, PA Educator (Vocational and Night Students) 2003-2011 THE CLOTHES BASKET LAUNDRY * GETTYSBURG, PA Owner/Managing Director * Active 1985-2003 * GENERAL MANAGER 2003-PRESENT 1985-Present CREDENTIALS Teacher of Cosmetology License HEADHUNTERS BEAUTY ACADEMY * HARRISBURG, PA Completed the Vocational I Certification MAIN CAMPUS STATE COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA Vocational II Certification (52 credits completed over 63) (Relevant Coursework: College Algebra, Economics, American Education, Speech, and English) Vocation I Certificate Certificate of

You are viewing a brief candidate description. Full candidate profile information is available recruiters with active job postings on Diversity.com.

« Click Here to Sign in or Register »

Featured Diversity Employers
  • University of Virginia

University of Virginia

Welcome to Charlottesville, Virginia, home of the University of Virginia, one of the nation's first public universities. Charlottesville was rated by Money Magazine as the best place to live in the United States. ...

City: Charlottesville

State: Virginia

« Read More »
  • University of Massachusetts Amherst

University of Massachusetts Amherst

Something To Be Proud Of.For more than 140 years, the University of Massachusetts has provided high quality educational opportunities for Massachusetts residents and for students and faculty from all over the world. U ...

City: Amherst

State: Massachusetts

« Read More »
  • University of Northern Colorado

University of Northern Colorado

With our rich history, dedicated faculty, active students and Division I athletic teams, we’re large enough to provide true university opportunities and small enough to treat students as individuals – it’s a place wh ...

City: Greeley

State: Colorado

« Read More »
  • State of Oregon

State of Oregon

The Oregon Secretary of State is one of three constitutional offices created at statehood. An independent constitutional office,the Secretary of State answers directly and solely to the people of Oregon. The Secretary ...

City: Salem

State: Oregon

« Read More »
  • University of Iowa Health Care

University of Iowa Health Care

University of Iowa Health Care is a fully integrated academic medical center, uniting the UI Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, and UI Physicians, the largest multi-specialty gr ...

City: Iowa City

State: Iowa

« Read More »
  • UTC - United Technologies Research Center (UTRC)

UTC - United Technologies Research Center (UTRC)

United Technologies (UTC) is a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries. Our commercial businesses are Otis elevators and escalato ...

City: Farmington

State: Connecticut

« Read More »
  • Metropolitan Water District of Southern California

Metropolitan Water District of Southern California

The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a regional wholesaler that delivers water to 26 member public agencies – 14 cities, 11 municipal water ...

City: Los Angeles

State: California

« Read More »
  • UTC - United Technologies - Building & Industrial Systems

UTC - United Technologies - Building & Industrial Systems

United Technologies (UTC) is a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries. Our commercial businesses are Otis elevators and ...

City: Farmington

State: Connecticut

« Read More »
  • University of Connecticut

University of Connecticut

The University of Connecticut is one of the top public research universities in the nation, with more than 30,000 students pursuing answers to critical questions in labs, lecture halls, and the community. Knowledge exp ...

City: Storrs

State: CT

« Read More »
  • AMSTED Industries Inc.

AMSTED Industries Inc.

AMSTED Industries is a diversified manufacturer of industrial components serving primarily the railroad, vehicular, and construction and building markets. Our principal business strategy is to employ our product development capabiliti ...

City: Chicago

State: Illinois

« Read More »
  • University of California - Berkeley

University of California - Berkeley

The University of California was chartered in 1868 and its flagship campus — envisioned as a "City of Learning" — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Today the world's premier public university ...

City: Berkeley

State: CA

« Read More »
  • University of California - Santa Cruz

University of California - Santa Cruz

The University of California, Santa Cruz, also known as UC Santa Cruz or UCSC, is a public, collegiate university; one of ten campuses in the University ...

City: Santa Cruz

State: California

« Read More »
Diversity Critical Hire Jobs
  • Classroom Computer Specialist

University of Nevada, Reno

The University of Nevada, Reno Teaching and Learning Technologies department is seeking applications for a Classroom Computer Specialist to support networked computers and various mobile computing devices in classrooms and other instr ...

City: Reno

State: Nevada

« Read More »
  • Application Developer (OCVR)

State of Oregon

The Oregon Secretary of State is one of three constitutional offices created at statehood. As an independent constitutional officer, the Secretary of State answers directly and solely to the people of Oregon. ...

City: Salem

State: Oregon

« Read More »
  • Vice President for Student and Academic Success

Lamar Institute of Technology

The Vice President for Student and Academic Success is a key member of the executive leadership team and serves as the chief academic and student services officer for LIT. He/she performs duties necessary to ...

City: Beaumont

State: Texas

« Read More »
  • Utilization Review Nurse

Texas Association of School Boards

The Texas Association of School Boards (www.tasb.org) is a private non-profit association located in NW Austin. TASB offers a "family friendly" work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits. For the last 8 year ...

City: Austin

State: Texas

« Read More »
  • Coordinator of Championships and Alliances, Fan Engagement - In-Venue

The National Collegiate Athletic Association

...

City: Indianapolis

State: IN

« Read More »
  • Senior Custodian

University of California - San Diego

Under supervision, performs semi-skilled and skilled cleaning of College Residences /Dining Halls facilites, bathrooms, kitchens, suites, and landings. Will operate vacuum cleaners and floor machines. Other duties include damp/dust mo ...

City: San Diego

State: California

« Read More »
  • Sr Security Manager

Harris

Harris Corporation has an immediate opening for a Security Manager to support the Electronic Systems Mission Network (MN) business. The position will be based at the Melbourne, Florida NASA campus with oversight responsibilities ...

City: Melbourne

State: Florida

« Read More »
  • Software Engineer

Harris

Our Radio Access Network system provides air-to-ground and ground-to-air broadband communications. As part of the system, we provide long-range network radios, ground antenna assemblies, ground ancillary equipment, ground beamforming ...

City: Palm Bay

State: Florida

« Read More »
  • Administrative Assistant

Diversity.com

A midsize accounting firm is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Parsippany office.  This person will be in a visible position that requires a professional individual with excellent interpersonal, communication an ...

City: Parsippany

State: New Jersey

« Read More »
  • Program Manager Guideline Publications

American Academy of Neurology

Great People. Great Mission. Great Location. Are you looking to surround yourself by 180+ fun, energetic, and hard-working people who are dedicated to helping 32,000+ neurologist members worldwide provide the best pos ...

City: Minneapolis

State: Minnesota

« Read More »
  • Maintenance Worker III

Santa Clara Valley Water District

Duties: These positions will be responsible for supporting multiple projects including the Stream Maintenance Program mitigation activities. Duties will include operating support vehicles and equipment and providing l ...

City: San Jose

State: California

« Read More »
  • Operator #374

Reichhold LLC 2

The plant production operator is responsible for understanding and carrying out instructions which include but are not limited to staging, charging for production batches and product checks, as well as, all computer and hand written d ...

City: Valley Park

State: Missouri

« Read More »