Search skills, education, industry and more...

Search Candidate Skills and more...

Enter city, state or zip

donna sweesy

donna sweesy
diversity bee
management, human resource

-- BUSINESS MANAGER | HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST | EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR -- -- GENERAL MANAGER | REGIONAL MANAGER-- QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE Highly motivated, knowledgeable, and quality-focused professional offering extensive years of cross-industry experience across business management with strong track record of managing cross-functional teams that collaborate as a focused unit to achieve business goals. Exhibited strong focus on achieving revenue and market share growth, along with extensive background in negotiating and managing vendor and service contracts. Exceptional capacity in analyzing business processes, systems, and procedures to identify problematic areas, institute tangible improvements, mitigate risk, and uphold compliance with industry and internal guidelines. Proven efficiency in completing multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner. Accustomed to relating well with individuals at all levels and with diverse cultures and backgrounds within a highly stressful and challenging environment. Expert in development and implementation of project improvement that affect accomplishment. Articulate communicator with fluency in English language and working knowledge in Spanish. Display proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook). CORE STRENGTHS * Strategic and Tactical Planning * Business Development * Sales and Marketing * Operations Management * Project Management * General Accounting * Customer Relation Management * Decision Support System * Technology Development * Key Partnership Development * Organizational Development * Decision and Risk Analysis CAREER OVERVIEW * Oversaw the overall aspects of daily operations, including budget-control, inventory, purchasing, scheduling maintenance, and accounting. * Established retail advertising and promotions, while maintaining within budgetary guidelines. * Instructed classes of 25 students and provided classroom theory and practical training. * Successfully maintained more than 90% of attendance continuously throughout the 2004 tenure. * Provided expert support for the students in developing marketing strategy to gain and retain clientele. * Assumed full responsibility in managing the budget, ordering, and inventory control of the department. * Performed various technical functions, such as posting daily grades and finals at the end of a 6-week curriculum utilizing Microsoft Publisher, Excel, and Word. * Educated more than 25 students with classroom theory through practical training and assist student throughout the learning process. * Administered classroom management; performed attendance checking to ensure above satisfactory numbers in attendance; ordered curriculum supplies under budget constraints; and arranged classroom supplies * Coordinated with speakers to present talk to students on what to expect in the industry. * Performed and coordinated human resource issues associated with hiring and scheduling employees, and administering bi-weekly payroll. * Provided exceptional customer service through telephone and in person. * Remarkably boosted sales by 445% in a couple of years of tenure. * Commended for earning more than eight-time Teacher of the Month in the last couple years and one-time Teacher of the Year. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE EMPIRE BEAUTY SCHOOL (EMPIRE EDUCATION GROUP) * HANOVER, PA Educator (Vocational and Night Students) 2003-2011 THE CLOTHES BASKET LAUNDRY * GETTYSBURG, PA Owner/Managing Director * Active 1985-2003 * GENERAL MANAGER 2003-PRESENT 1985-Present CREDENTIALS Teacher of Cosmetology License HEADHUNTERS BEAUTY ACADEMY * HARRISBURG, PA Completed the Vocational I Certification MAIN CAMPUS STATE COLLEGE PENNSYLVANIA Vocational II Certification (52 credits completed over 63) (Relevant Coursework: College Algebra, Economics, American Education, Speech, and English) Vocation I Certificate Certificate of

You are viewing a brief candidate description. Full candidate profile information is available recruiters with active job postings on Diversity.com.

« Click Here to Sign in or Register »

Featured Diversity Employers
  • University of Virginia

University of Virginia

Welcome to Charlottesville, Virginia, home of the University of Virginia, one of the nation's first public universities. Charlottesville was rated by Money Magazine as the best place to live in the United States. ...

City: Charlottesville

State: Virginia

« Read More »
  • University of Massachusetts Amherst

University of Massachusetts Amherst

Something To Be Proud Of.For more than 140 years, the University of Massachusetts has provided high quality educational opportunities for Massachusetts residents and for students and faculty from all over the world. U ...

City: Amherst

State: Massachusetts

« Read More »
  • University of Northern Colorado

University of Northern Colorado

With our rich history, dedicated faculty, active students and Division I athletic teams, we’re large enough to provide true university opportunities and small enough to treat students as individuals – it’s a place wh ...

City: Greeley

State: Colorado

« Read More »
  • University of Iowa Health Care

University of Iowa Health Care

University of Iowa Health Care is a fully integrated academic medical center, uniting the UI Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, and UI Physicians, the largest multi-specialty gr ...

City: Iowa City

State: Iowa

« Read More »
  • UTC - United Technologies Research Center (UTRC)

UTC - United Technologies Research Center (UTRC)

United Technologies (UTC) is a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries. Our commercial businesses are Otis elevators and escalato ...

City: Farmington

State: Connecticut

« Read More »
  • University of Florida

University of Florida

The University of Florida, founded in 1853, is a public, comprehensive university. The 2,000-acre suburban campus is located in Gainesville, 70 miles from Jacksonville.With about 51,000 students, the University of Florida at Gainesvil ...

City: Gainesville

State: Florida

« Read More »
  • Metropolitan Water District of Southern California

Metropolitan Water District of Southern California

The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a regional wholesaler that delivers water to 26 member public agencies – 14 cities, 11 municipal water ...

City: Los Angeles

State: California

« Read More »
  • UTC - United Technologies - Building & Industrial Systems

UTC - United Technologies - Building & Industrial Systems

United Technologies (UTC) is a diversified company that provides a broad range of high-technology products and services to the global aerospace and building systems industries. Our commercial businesses are Otis elevators and ...

City: Farmington

State: Connecticut

« Read More »
  • University of Connecticut

University of Connecticut

The University of Connecticut is one of the top public research universities in the nation, with more than 30,000 students pursuing answers to critical questions in labs, lecture halls, and the community. Knowledge exp ...

City: Storrs

State: CT

« Read More »
  • University of California - Berkeley

University of California - Berkeley

The University of California was chartered in 1868 and its flagship campus — envisioned as a "City of Learning" — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Today the world's premier public university ...

City: Berkeley

State: CA

« Read More »
  • University of California - Santa Cruz

University of California - Santa Cruz

The University of California, Santa Cruz, also known as UC Santa Cruz or UCSC, is a public, collegiate university; one of ten campuses in the University ...

City: Santa Cruz

State: California

« Read More »
  • University of Richmond

University of Richmond

The University of Richmond provides a collaborative learning and research environment unlike any other in higher education, offering students an extraordinary combination of the liberal arts with law, business, leadership studies, and ...

City: Richmond

State: Virginia

« Read More »
Diversity Critical Hire Jobs
  • Falk Chair in Socially Responsible Business

Chatham University

Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence:  sustainability; health & lab sciences; bus ...

City: Pittsburgh

State: PA

« Read More »
  • Proofreader

Marks Paneth LLP

Marks Paneth LLP, a premier accounting firm with origins dating back to 1907, is ranked the 30th largest accounting firm in the nation and one of the top 10 largest in the Mid-Atlantic region, as reported by Accounting Today. With a t ...

City: New York City

State: New York

« Read More »
  • Advertising Design Faculty Member

College for Creative Studies

The College for Creative Studies (CCS) seeks candidates for the full-time position of Advertising Design/Copywriting faculty. Position is responsible for providing educational leadership and expertise, now and in the future, in the ar ...

City: Detroit

State: Michigan

« Read More »
  • Director of Admissions

University of Virginia

The Admissions Office at the University of Virginia School of Law seeks a Director of Admissions. The Director will counsel pr ...

City: Charlottesville

State: Virginia

« Read More »
  • Assistant/Associate Professor -- I-O Psychology

Bowling Green State  University

Assistant or Associate Professor, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Bowling Green State University. Tenure track faculty position available August, 2018.   Responsibilities: Teach ...

City: Bowling Green

State: Ohio

« Read More »
  • Director of Admissions -University College of Dentistry

Ohio State University

Innovative and Collegial Environments Attract and Retain the Best Faculty The College of Dentistry at The Ohio State University seeks applicants for the Director of Admissions position at the rank of associ ...

City: Columbus

State: Ohio

« Read More »
  • CHANCELLOR

Riverside Community College District

The Riverside Community College District (RCCD), in Southern California, seeks a visionary to lead the fifth largest multi-college district in the state (40,000 students).  RCCD enjoys a rich heritage of stellar academic, transfe ...

City: Riverside

State: California

« Read More »
  • ASSISTANT TEACHING PROFESSOR - Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment in Data Science/Programming

University of California - San Diego

TENURE TRACK ASSISTANT TEACHING PROFESSOR OPENING IN DATA SCIENCE/PROGRAMMING, DEPARTMENT OF COGNITIVE SCIENCE, UC SAN DIEGO The Department of Cognitive Science ...

City: San Diego

State: California

« Read More »
  • Assistant Professor, Biomedical Sciences

University of Northern Colorado

The faculty of the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Northern Colorado are searching for a colleague to join our vibrant and collegial academic unit. We seek a candidate with a research area in the biomedical sciences ...

City: Greeley

State: Colorado

« Read More »
  • Assistant Professor - Analytical Chemistry

University of Northern Colorado

Assistant Professor, tenure-track, 9-month appointment. The successful candidate will instruct undergraduate and graduate courses in analytical chemistry and forensic chemistry, and other courses in chemistry as needed. The candidate ...

City: Greeley

State: Colorado

« Read More »
  • Healthcare Project Manager

RJM Construction

RJM Construction is a fast growing, high energy, commercial general contracting company headquartered in Golden Valley, Minnesota. In 2015, RJM was listed as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Minnesota Business Magazine.&nb ...

City: Golden Valley

State: Minnesota

« Read More »
  • Overnight Clinician - Southeast Emergency Service Program Hyannis

Bay Cove Human Services, Inc

Responsibilities: • Completes assessments and treatment plans of children and adults who are in crisis in a comprehensive manner attending to their safety and needs during the overnight shift. ...

City: Hyannis

State: Massachusetts

« Read More »