The successful candidate will be responsible for lecture and/or laboratory instruction in geography (physical and human geography). The assignment may include other subjects in the discipline.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The instructional assignment will include lecture and/or laboratory classes in the discipline.
2. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
3. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
4. Participation in discipline/department decision making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development and other matters are also expected of all department faculty.
5. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintaining broad knowledge of the academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes is expected.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District and College promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activitie
Master's degree in geography; OR bachelor's degree in geography AND master's degree in geology, history, meteorology, or oceanography; OR the Equivalent. Ph.D. preferred. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
Demonstrated successful experience in teaching physical and human geography lecture and labs is desirable.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Must have evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Salary Amount: $59,061 - $90,997
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator.
Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Effective Employment Date:
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
We're the company NEXT door - giving back to our neighbors and communities, sustaining an inclusive, safe workplace and striving to minimize the impact of our products, services and operations on the environment. Com ...« Read More »
With more than 36,000 employees around the world, our real power and innovation comes from our people.The professionals at Pratt & Whitney are leading the way in the aerospace industry. Our ability to build and maintain an incl ...« Read More »
At Pratt & Whitney each one of more than 35,000 employees are working toward the next world-changing technology; the next sustainable green initiative; the next contribution of skill, talent and knowledge. ...« Read More »
Diversity stands with ethics, integrity, and academic excellence, as a cornerstone of University culture. The University promotes an inclusive and welcoming environment that embraces the full spectrum of human attributes, perspectives ...« Read More »
Our Commitment to Energy Efficient Technology While we can drive environmental impact reductions through our products, we also have an opportunity to reduce our footprint through efficiently managing our own operations. UTC is committed ...« Read More »
Shape Your Future - CONMED is seeking a Sales Associate to join our winning team. This is an exceptional entry-level opportunity in the medical device industry, which will put you on the path to a six-figure income. ...
State: North Carolina« Read More »
NWEA™ has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Account Executive within our State and Government Partnerships group. We are expanding our services and we're seeking talented K-12 educational sales professional ...
State: Oregon« Read More »
Assistant Teaching Professor - Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment in Cognitive Science The Department of Cognitive Science ...
City: San Diego
State: California« Read More »
Marks Paneth LLP is a leading regional professional services firm with more than 650 people, including over 90 partners and principals, with revenues in excess of $120 million. We offer a wide range of accounting, auditing, tax, consu ...
City: Long Island
State: New York« Read More »
Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA, has over 2,100 undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability; and the School of Arts, Science and Business. Chatham seeks to attract acade ...
State: PA« Read More »
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of twenty six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provid ...
City: Los Angeles
State: Calfifornia« Read More »
Now fully coed, Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA, has over 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Health Sciences, the Falk School of Sustainability and Environment, and the School of Arts, Science and Business ...
State: PA« Read More »
Responsibilities of the General Laborer position include but are not limited to the following: • Ability to work safely, be self-regulating with work assignments while requirin ...
State: Florida« Read More »
Shape Your Future -CONMED Orthopedics is seeking an ambitious District Sales Manager to lead our South Texas Region. Our expansive product offering includes MTF biologics, Linvatec sports medicine implants and instrumentatio ...
State: Texas« Read More »
Flight Test Engineering Manager is needed to support the NGPF PW1400G Compliance efforts on-site in Irkutsk, Russia. The Flight Test Engineering Manager is responsible for providing on-site technical propulsion support for our engines ...
City: East Hartford
State: Connecticut« Read More »
Monthly Duties: Under general supervision, the Forms Technician II performs a variety of duties associated with the daily operations of the District's Word Processing/Forms Management area. The duties include providing forms manag ...
City: San Jose
State: Calfifornia« Read More »
The main responsibilities of the position include the teaching of college reading, developmental freshman seminar, and freshman composition to the at-risk populations. There will also be some opportunity to teach in another area of ac ...
State: New York« Read More »