The University of Virginia Physicians Group (UPG), a supporting organization distinct from UVA and the Medical Center, is a multi-specialty practice of over 1,000 UVA physicians and allied health professionals who hold dual employment between UPG and The School of Medicine. UPG is currently seeking the Chief Financial Officer & Assistant Treasurer, (CFO). The CFO reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the UPG senior management team working closely with the Board of Directors.
The role is also one of the principal liaisons between the University of Virginia Physicians Group (UPG), the clinical departments, the School of Medicine and the Medical Center. The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of UPG to meet the collective goals of UPG and the University of Virginia Health System. The CFO works collaboratively with the COO for the School of Medicine, the CFO of the Medical Center and the Chief Accounting Officer for the Health System. Developing and maintaining these collaborative partnerships is critical to the overall success of the role. The CFO is directly responsible for planning, organizing and directing all aspects of the revenue cycle and financial departments including the development and administration of policies on revenue cycle, finance, accounting, internal controls, budget, payroll, treasury and investments, debt structure and liquidity.
The CFO supervises direct reports in Finance, Decision Support, Payroll, Cashiering, and Accounting, Investments and Treasury, Revenue Cycle, and Consolidated Coding areas. The CFO will also have a collaborative working relationship with the leadership of the clinical departments, the School of Medicine and Medical Center financial operations.
• Plans, develops, organizes and implements the Patient Friendly Billing revenue cycle in partnership with the Medical Center.
• Directs the accounting, finance, planning, budgeting and decision support services to ensure exemplary productivity and customer service.
• Partners with the School of Medicine to guide the development and management of the jointly owned budgeting and reporting system conducting ongoing variance analysis and facilitates communication, collaboration, and cooperation among UPG, the clinical departments and School of Medicine.
• Partners with the executives of UPG, the School of Medicine, the clinical departments and the Medical Center to facilitate communication, collaboration, and cooperation among these entities.
Knowledge Areas, Skills, and Abilities
Candidates must posses a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related area. CPA or graduate business degree preferred.
A competitive applicant for the CFO role will have many of the following knowledge areas skills or abilities:
• Five years senior financial management experience operations required, preferably in a school of medicine, faculty practice plan, multi-specialty group or a complex department within a school of medicine.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide constituency including department chairs and faculty, department business administrators, school of medicine finance directors, as well as other financial and billing operations officers.
• Experience in financial and budgetary operations, funding, reimbursement, financial control systems, managed care, revenue cycle and all financial aspects relating to complex academic health systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of government and healthcare fiscal regulations and reporting requirements.
• Experience in initiating and directing special projects related to a broad range of financial and business planning issues.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of financial management and revenue cycle sufficient to direct professional staff.
• Demonstrated communication skills and positive interaction with constituents is mandatory.
• Advanced knowledge of computer systems, spreadsheet and financial systems programs and applications.
Procedure for Candidacy
For more information and to officially apply please visit: https://executivesearch.virginia.edu/search/chief-financial-officer-assistant-treasurer. Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Univeristy of Virginia Physician Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For over fifty years, the Darden School has been transforming today's MBA students into tomorrow's great leaders by offering an exceptional business education in a supportive, collaborative environment in state-of-the-art faci ...« Read More »
Diversity stands with ethics, integrity, and academic excellence, as a cornerstone of University culture. The University promotes an inclusive and welcoming environment that embraces the full spectrum of human attributes, perspectives ...« Read More »
Welcome to UVa! This site is dedicated to highlighting services and resources available to Asian and Asian Pacific American Students. The Office of the Dean of Students along with various colleagues and other offices provide supp ...« Read More »
Asian Pacific American Leadership Training Institute (APALTI) APALTI is a student facilitated, culturally aware leadership development program designed to build confidence, enhance competence and strengthen connectedness among a selecte ...« Read More »
The Employee Communication Councils are designed to facilitate two-way communication between senior administration and staff that allow employees to voice concerns and hear from senior administration regarding those issues. How Does the ...« Read More »
Shape Your Future - CONMED is seeking a Sales Associate to join our winning team. This is an exceptional entry-level opportunity in the medical device industry, which will put you on the path to a six-figure income. ...
State: North Carolina« Read More »
NWEA™ has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Account Executive within our State and Government Partnerships group. We are expanding our services and we're seeking talented K-12 educational sales professional ...
State: Oregon« Read More »
Assistant Teaching Professor - Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment in Cognitive Science The Department of Cognitive Science ...
City: San Diego
State: California« Read More »
Marks Paneth LLP is a leading regional professional services firm with more than 650 people, including over 90 partners and principals, with revenues in excess of $120 million. We offer a wide range of accounting, auditing, tax, consu ...
City: Long Island
State: New York« Read More »
Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA, has over 2,100 undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability; and the School of Arts, Science and Business. Chatham seeks to attract acade ...
State: PA« Read More »
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of twenty six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provid ...
City: Los Angeles
State: Calfifornia« Read More »
Now fully coed, Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA, has over 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Health Sciences, the Falk School of Sustainability and Environment, and the School of Arts, Science and Business ...
State: PA« Read More »
Responsibilities of the General Laborer position include but are not limited to the following: • Ability to work safely, be self-regulating with work assignments while requirin ...
State: Florida« Read More »
Shape Your Future -CONMED Orthopedics is seeking an ambitious District Sales Manager to lead our South Texas Region. Our expansive product offering includes MTF biologics, Linvatec sports medicine implants and instrumentatio ...
State: Texas« Read More »
Monthly Duties: Under general supervision, the Forms Technician II performs a variety of duties associated with the daily operations of the District's Word Processing/Forms Management area. The duties include providing forms manag ...
City: San Jose
State: Calfifornia« Read More »
The main responsibilities of the position include the teaching of college reading, developmental freshman seminar, and freshman composition to the at-risk populations. There will also be some opportunity to teach in another area of ac ...
State: New York« Read More »
RJM Construction is a fast growing, high energy, commercial general contracting company located in Minneapolis. Voted as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” by Minnesota Business Magazine, we invest in our p ...
State: Minnesota« Read More »