The Intramural Sports Coordinator manages the administration and operation of the intramural sports program. This position maintains responsibilities related to intramural sports programming, student staff training, extramural participation, marketing and promotion of program offerings, budget management, program assessment, and risk management. The position also ensures the development and supervision of the intramural student staff. The Intramural Sports Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director of Structured Sports and Outreach Programming and directly supervises the Graduate Assistant for Intramural Sports.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Schedule and administer intramural sport offerings by developing a calendar of league-play, tournaments, and special events
• Manage program registration, league schedules, and activity results and standings through appropriate programming software
• Organize and effectively disseminate program rules and information to patrons to best enhance participant experience
• Expand breadth of intramural offerings for the VCU community; assessing the needs and wants of the campus community, reviewing current offerings, benchmarking peer institutions, and developing new leagues and tournaments
• Act as the protest and conduct chair to ensure proper sporting-behavior in intramural sports program
• Inventory and manage all intramural sport equipment and uniforms; evaluating inventory each semester and making recommendations to discard old and purchase new equipment/uniforms when needed
• Create and maintain an inclusive environment by ensuring leagues and tournaments have appropriate divisions that represent the demographics of all VCU students and training officials and student supervisors on inclusive policy, procedures, and language
• Assist in the budget management for the Intramural Sports Program
• Actively promote and foster an environment of extramural involvement by participants and student staff
• Collaborate with other local postsecondary institutions to coordinate a regional collegiate intramural sports championship
• Collaborate with campus partners to facilitate a Residential Hall Championship Cup and Panhellenic Council Championship Cup and identify other means of actively encouraging participation amongst campus affinity groups
• Identify and implement revenue-generating recreational sports offerings for the Richmond, Virginia metropolitan area and non-student members
Staff Supervision and Development:
• Directly supervise a Graduate Assistant for Intramural Sports
• Recruit, hire, train, and supervise approximately 45 student supervisors and officials
• Develop student staff through meetings, in-service trainings, and engaging in extramural events and officials’ clinics
• Process student employee payroll by approving time cards and verifying hours with appropriate scheduling software
• Develop and maintain a student employee manual
• Act as the standing adviser of a student intramural sports officials’ association
• Ensure all participants have completed an online waiver prior to participation in intramural activities and troubleshoot issues with student status and eligibility as needed
• Provide input on facility maintenance and custodial issues
• Train student supervisors on standard operating procedures for injuries/accidents and emergency action/evacuation plans, including inclement weather policies and procedures
• Monitor that student staff certifications are up-to-date in standard first aid and CPR/AED
Program Promotion/Public Relations:
• Assist with the marketing and promotional efforts of the Intramural Sports Program to increase student participation and awareness on campus
• Collaborate with department’s Marketing & Communications unit as well as units and departments across the University (e.g. Student Activities, Residential Life, etc…) to generate awareness and excitement about intramural sports and increase participation in intramural sport offerings
• Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, in-service education sessions, and other divisional or departmental meetings
• Participate in other Division of Student Affairs initiatives, programs, and committees as required
• Maintain professional skill sets and certifications as appropriate for job responsibilities and as a campus recreation professional
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director for Structured Sports & Outreach Programming
• Master’s degree in recreation, sports management, health and physical education, or related field
• Two years of experience in administration of intramural activities including major team sports, tournaments, and special events (Graduate Assistant experience can be accepted.)
• Demonstrated experience training intramural sports officials
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• First Aid/CR/AED certification
• Knowledge of best practices and standards in collegiate recreation
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management, student staff supervision, and ability to motivate students
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to lift and handle physical equipment set-ups for various activities
• Previous experience supervising Graduate Assistants
• Previous involvement in extramural tournaments as an official or committee member
• Membership and active participation in NIRSA
• First Aid/CPR/AED instructor-certified
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Position is located in a non-smoking area
POSITION: This position is a full-time twelve-month professional faculty position with the rank of instructor.
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position includes full VCU Professional Faculty benefits package – health insurance, tuition waiver and five (5) weeks’ vacation.
APPLICATION: When open, please go to www.vcujobs.com to submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Community Services Officers perform a variety of technical and public relations activities within the Santa Rosa Police Department not requiring peace officer status. Duties will vary depending on assignment. ...
City: Santa Rosa
State: California« Read More »
Shape Your Future - CONMED is seeking a Sales Associate to join our winning team. This is an exceptional entry-level opportunity in the medical device industry, which will put you on the path to a six-figure income. ...
State: North Carolina« Read More »
The City of Bellevue – Bellevue welcomes the world. The City of Bellevue is a dynamic, international and multicultural, future-focused, diversity driven, high performing City. There are five essential and enduring principles tha ...
State: Washington« Read More »
Shape your future Are you looking to accelerate your career in finance? Join CONMED's Orthopedic team in a key role as the manager of Finance and Accounting. We are growing this business and seeking a talented ...
State: Florida« Read More »
The Senior Accountant provides support to the Vice President and Treasurer in processing the monthly accounting cycle, preparing schedules for the annual audit, and handling human resources requirements. Primary responsibilities will ...
City: Los Angeles
State: California« Read More »
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker Supervisor provides training and supervision of gold-standard clinical (including SCID and SIPS) and functional assessments, culturally responsive evidence-based individual, family and group interve ...
State: Calfifornia« Read More »
Summary: The Palm Beach County Sports Commission is a private, not-for-profit organization contracted by Palm Beach County to promote and market the County as a sports destination. The Commission recruits sporting events and activitie ...
City: West Palm Beach
State: Florida« Read More »
Penn State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, a senior-level leader who reports to the Executive Vice President and Provost. The successful candidate will be a highly ...
City: University Park Campus
State: Pennsylvania« Read More »
The EHS Specialist provides expertise and program maintenance in the areas of regulatory compliance, occupational health and safety, process safety management, environmental, and industrial hygiene to help the plant meet its goals in ...
State: Texas« Read More »
Shape your future - An Account Representative position with the ability to leverage our exceptional product line of more than 4,000 products to grow market share.As a medical device representative, you will play an integral ...
City: Brooklyn - Staten Island
State: New York« Read More »
The Pennsylvania State University seeks candidates for the position of University Budget Officer, an executive-level position reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and Provost. The University Budget Officer is a senior me ...
City: .State College
State: Pennsylvania« Read More »
The plant production operator is responsible for understanding and carrying out instructions which include but are not limited to staging, charging for production batches and product checks, as well as, all computer and hand written d ...
City: Valley Park
State: Missouri« Read More »